Help for the Healers
One of Darla's "niches" is that she helps fellow therapists:
- Learn how to consciously use their body's mind during therapy sessions while minimizing burnout.
- Learn how to use EMDR based self-care techniques specifically designed for them.
- Who are seeking their own treatment for vicarious traumatization.
- Adolescent Brain Development
- "But I Don't Work with Traumatized Kids" - Using Concepts from Traumatology to Maximize Your Effectiveness with All Kids
- Impact of Trauma on the Brain
- Trauma Training for Foster Parents
- Trauma Informed Interventions at School
- Trauma, Triggers and Therapy
- The Brain Architecture Game
Darla has presented both locally and nationally on the topic of trauma informed care. She was an Adjunct Professor, who taught Graduate Students in both Loyola's School Counseling Program and the University of Maryland's School of Social Work. She is known for her energetic teaching style, ability to "bite-size" complex concepts and for teaching tools that clinicians can literally make use of in their next therapy session.